Just when you thought I had set aside my pumpkin puree for the season, I throw you a curve ball with these white chocolate pudding, spiced pumpkin puree and gingersnap cookie parfaits. It’s a good curve ball though. A very good curve ball.
These parfaits taste a little like pumpkin pie only with a delicious hint of white chocolate and the appealing texture and taste of gingersnap cookies. Overall, the recipe is very easy to prepare, only requiring a bit of arm strength in the white chocolate pudding preparation process. Whether you’re looking for a new Thanksgiving dessert recipe or for an autumn afternoon treat, I highly recommend these parfaits.
Makes about 6 parfaits
White Chocolate Pudding:
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whole milk
- 6 ounces white chocolate baking squares
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Spiced Pumpkin Puree:
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- pinch cloves
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 6 or more gingersnap cookies
Preparing the white chocolate pudding:
- Whisk the corn starch, salt and milk in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Add the white chocolate baking squares to the milk mixture. Continue cooking over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the chocolate is melted and the mixture thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat temporarily. Whisk the eggs in a small bowl. Slowly whisk a small amount of the white chocolate mixture in with the eggs.
- Pour the egg mixture back in the saucepan, whisking constantly while doing so. Return the saucepan to the stove burner and cook over medium-low heat for an additional 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add the butter and vanilla extract. Stir the mixture until the butter is melted.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl, cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to chill for at least 4 hours or until cold.
Preparing the spiced pumpkin puree:
- Place the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, cloves and heavy cream in a mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 2 hours or until cold.
Assembling the parfaits:
- Assemble the parfaits when the white chocolate pudding and spiced pumpkin puree have chilled.
- Crumble the gingersnap cookies and spoon the desired amount of cookie crumbles into the bottom of each parfait container. Layer the desired amount of spiced pumpkin puree on top of the cookies in each container. Spoon the desired amount of white chocolate pudding over the pumpkin. Repeat the layers and add additional cookie crumbles on top.
- Serve immediately or place in the fridge to chill until ready to serve.
Looking for other parfait recipes? Try my white chocolate and peanut butter granola parfait recipe.
Connect with other foodies on the Made from Scratch Recipes Facebook page.